January 8, 2022

Rebel in the Making - Part 2

Work continues on the neck... I am borrowing an approach I learned at a sculpting clinic with Kathleen Friedenberg. After you have the basic form, you focus on sculpting the outline of the sculpture. I look at it as thinking more two-dimensional. Then you fill in the sculpture's bulk with the muscle shapes. 

For Rebel, I focused on adding his crest and the bottom of the neck to create the outline of the neck. I then took pictures to look at it from


lots


of


different


angles.


I don't always take photos at every step like this, but to capture the journey on the blog I'm finding it helpful to step away and look at it through fresh eyes. I think the windpipe needs to be straightened a bit, but I think (hope) I'm on the right track!

No comments:

Post a Comment