September 29, 2023

Picasso Museum

 

Before we left Barcelona, we made sure to stop by the Picasso Museum

I was duly impressed with his work ethic. He was a very prolific artist. I also gained a better appreciation for his artistic journey and how his life experiences shaped his art. 


When you first walk in, you are met by an entire wall filled with his sketches. Horse spotted!

There were several landscapes

and even some portrait work.






many sketches, which showed an excellent understanding of the
human form and gesture

his subject matter was more diverse than I realized!





sketch of a horse

so much emotion in his pieces

There was a film playing of a dance that had been recorded.
You can see the Picasso mask on the horse pretty well in this shot. 
Picasso may have done the set or the costumes or both, sorry I don't recall!

 




The pigeon series were some of my favorites!

 




his later work is the style he is most recognized for


No comments:

Post a Comment