Door prizes include a PAINTED POLLYWOG, NIB Breyers, medallions, micros, and more!
Miniature prizes for every placing, model-sized rosettes, and MORE!!
Small swag bag for every entrant!
Donations and class sponsors are very welcome.
Entries open April 1st – Entries close June 11th, midnight EDT
Results & Door Prize drawings to be done via live Facebook event – Date & Time TBD
Entry Fee – $30 (USA) or $35 (overseas) – This includes postage to mail your prizes
How to Enter:
- Email the following information to email@example.com:
Your Name, Email, Name on PayPal (to identify who’s paid), and name on Facebook (to give you access)
- PayPal your entry fee to firstname.lastname@example.org using goods & services and ensure your mailing address
is up to date – I will mail your prizes to the address on your PayPal account
- Request access to the Why the Chicken Crossed the Road Photo Show Facebook group
Information and Rules:
- This is a model horse photo show. A model horse of some kind must be in every picture.
UPDATE: The only exception are 2 classes: Why did the Chicken Cross the Road and Raining Cats and Dogs.
Your entry for these classes may be chicken, cat and/or dog-themed without a model horse in it.
- Show is open to all makes, finishes and sizes. Original finish, china, customs, and resins will all show together.
- There is an entry limit of four photos per class per shower. Buy-in’s for $1 per photo available.
- One photo per horse per class. Collages allowed (but not required) in Tell Me a Story class only.
- Halter classes are by breed type. There is no "other breeds or mixed" class. Place your horse in the breed type
class that you feel best fits. I will not be policing what breeds go in which class, so please do your homework
and make your best choice. Workmanship / collectability will be taken into account in breed type halter classes.
- Each equine may enter one breed type class (classes 34-43). NaMoPaiMo and Childhood Favorite entries may
cross-enter other halter classes.
- The show will be held on Facebook and you will be given access to the group once your entry has been
processed. If you are not on Facebook, you are welcome to have a proxy upload on your behalf. Please email
me directly if you plan to use a proxy.
- Each class has its own Album (go to Media, then Albums). Upload your picture to the respective album for that
class and within the description section include: Horse’s Name, Breed & Gender
- Captions, additional information, and documentation can be included in the description or the comments.
- Documentation is highly recommended for performance entries. You can use imgur.com to create a link for
your documentation or upload to the designated documentation folder and copy the link from there.
- Realistic backgrounds are not required, but quality (presentation) of photo will be considered. Realistic
backgrounds may be helpful in performance, as it helps to create the scene.
- Photos may be cropped, straightened, brightened, and adjusted to show the true color of your model. No other
digital alterations allowed (removing bases, covering flaws, making enhancements, etc. are not allowed).
- Saddleseat may show in the appropriate English class (rail class, trail, etc.).
- Creativity challenge is open to interpretation of the theme. Please keep it in good taste.
- To avoid the appearance of any favoritism, please do not enter models painted or customized by the show
holder and judge, Danielle Feldman.
- If you have questions about the show, please email me at email@example.com. Please do not use
Facebook messenger to contact me, as I don’t find it reliable. Also, please be patient if I don’t respond right
away, I have a busy job. I can’t wait to see all your entries! Come join the fun!!
Everything Else Performance
2 Regalia / Costume
3 Pleasure Harness / Fine Harness
4 Working Harness / Combined Driving
6 Showmanship / In-hand performance
7 Other Performance
8 Cutting / Roping
9 Extreme Cowboy
10 Western Gymkhana / Games
11 Western Pattern Class
12 Western Trail (arena, ranch, natural, etc.)
13 Western Rail Class (pleasure, etc.)
14 Other Western
15 Hunter / Jumper
16 Cross Country
18 English Gymkhana / Games
19 English Trail
20 English Rail Class (pleasure, etc.)
21 Other English
22 Why did the chicken cross the road?
23 Raining cats and dogs
24 Time flies when you're having fun
25 Ignorance is bliss
26 It takes two to tango
27 No such thing as a free lunch
28 Can't judge a book by its cover
29 Don't look a gift horse in the mouth
30 Look before you leap
31 Choose Your Own
32 Tell me a story (narrative / photo collage)
33 Look what I made!
37 Draft / Cob
38 Pony / Miniature
39 Spanish / Iberian
40 Sport / Carriage
41 Longear / Exotic
42 Foals of all breed types
43 Fantasy / Decorator
44 NaMoPaiMo (official horse, any year) UPDATE: CLASS LIMIT 5 for this class!
45 Childhood favorite
A PDF version of the roster is available HERE