January 8, 2021

Mares in Black Spooktacular Photo Show Prizes


Mares in Black Spooktacular Photo Show Prizes!

This was a fun photo show held last fall by the Mares in Black. If you haven't listened to their podcast yet, I highly recommend it. They share the news and goings-on in the model horse hobby. They highlight work done by lots of artists, both well-known and up-and-coming. They don't shy away from difficult topics and they say it like they see it! This event was a lot of fun and got my creative juices flowing through the fun class name prompts.
Thank you Heather and Jackie for a great event!

Creative class lists are definitely becoming a thing, which I find most refreshing. We've seen many embrace photo showing as an outlet for sharing their models during the pandemic and these creative class lists are really amenable to photo showing. 

Really, I don't know what has taken me so long to get into photo showing again! When I found the hobby as a kid, I took some photos in my backyard with out-of-scale grass. It wasn't very motivating and I never really embraced it. This show was the impetus to get me started in photo showing again, all these many years later. In the course of 4 months, I've entered as many shows.

Now on to the prizes .... The first places were won by Pembleton for his Babysitting entry and Baubles for her Miniatures entry. Baubles has since gone on to a new home, so wasn't here for the group photo. They each received a model-sized first place award with the MIB logo (donated by Dani Youdris) and miniature items (donated by Anne Field). My goal was to win one or two of these adorable rosettes, happy dance!
The haversack was donated by Lynn of Horsiemama's Haversacks & Mercantile - isn't the fabric darling! I believe this was Spanky's prize for your Horse is Weird, Dude that was selected as one of the MIB Choice Awards! Thank you Lynn for your generous donation. I love it!

Baubles - "Miniatures" entry - 1st place

Pembleton - "Babysitter" entry - 1st place

Spanky - "Your horse is weird, dude" entry 
MIB Choice Award

No comments:

Post a Comment