January 29, 2020

Murf

Murph
Zephyr medallion by Kylee Parks
Finished by Danielle Feldman

Meet Murf


This is my entry for Studio Thornrose/Kylee Park's 
2019 Medallion Painting Creative Challenge 
using her Zephyr medallion. 

He was so much fun to paint. Once I got over the initial blank stare at the blank medallion that is. At first, I was at a loss of what direction to go as I generally don’t paint fantasy models. So I thought to myself, periwinkle is my favorite color. And it makes sense that he should be in shades of blue because pony plumes are very elusive creatures and would probably camouflage with the sky and clouds. And I wanted him to resemble a bird with beautiful wings... so here he is! 

I am so glad that the original deadline was extended to the end of January, 
which allowed me the creative freedom to keep working on him until 
I was really happy with him. Now on to NaMoPaiMo in the month of February!

No comments:

Post a Comment