I decided to try and campaign one horse in every class and chose Hollywood Bling (see above). She is a Victrix resin body by Carol Williams with a Pheonix resin head and neck by Kristina Lucas Francis that I customized many moons ago. I'd never shown her in English before, but I think she looks pretty good!
I almost took the same route with OF using a Breyer Painted Rugged Lark (see below), but opted instead to go with a more English friendly horse for that division (Breyer Catch Me, now called Therblig). I used a few photos from the Mares in Black Spooktacular event in the fun classes, but that still wasn't enough, so took a bunch more photos of a few more horses. All said and done I ended up with 62 different entries. I did a rough count and realized I'd spent more than 50 hours combined tacking up, tweaking and taking and cropping photos.
Photo showing is hard.
But, it is also fun. It takes a special kind of crazy to tack up a harness at midnight. There are some great prizes being offered at this show, which was a HUGE motivator. However, the competition is also fierce. Regardless of the outcome, it was a welcome distraction. Thank you Anne!