March 11, 2010

Airbrushing with Tiffany

Tiffany Purdy

Found the camera cable while unpacking, so I can finally post about my airbrushing session with Tiffany just before we moved.

Tiff is the best! She introduced me to an amazing compressor that is so quiet you can't even tell it's on! This is important if I ever want to airbrush while my son is around (he's afraid of the vacuum and refers to the dremel as "the noisy").

Some other tips I learned: keep a big bowl of water next to you and just immerse the whole airbrush in it and run water through it between colors, as well as spraying some windex/water solution in there and use a stiff brush to scrub the needle area.

And get the cone shaped paint filters from the paint department...

I'll have to find my notes as I continue unpacking and try to put it to practice. Hopefully I remembered all the important details.

This will speed up basecoating models a hundredfold and I'm sure I'll find other effects and techniques I like to use it for as well.

Thank you, thank you, Tiffany!

No comments:

Post a Comment