March 26, 2016

The Met - Bits and Pieces

 My family surprised me with a trip to the New York City Metropolitan Museum of Art for my birthday. It was simply amazing. To see some of my favorite works of art by Monet, Degas, and so many others was simply amazing. I was surprised by the amount of historical relics there were for an art museum. Not that I would argue that these items hold intrinsic value as art! I took lots of pictures and tried to get the little explanatory cards included in the shot. If you click on the photo, it should blow up to a larger version. I hope you enjoy these bits, stirrups, harness charms, and many other equine items from the past. I have more photos of armor, saddles, sculptures. and paintings to share, so please come back soon.
















No comments:

Post a Comment