April 3, 2020

Reveler Commission Opportunity!

It has been several years (eight!) since I have offered a commission opportunity and I have no plans to open my commission books. However, I thought it would be fun to offer this one commission opportunity.

This commission opportunity is for the Sarah Rose large stablemate scale resin, Reveler, in the color of your choice. I have the model in hand and he is already prepped and ready to paint. You may choose the color or I can paint him as an artist's choice color. There are no limitations on color, pattern, or markings, other than no fantasy colors. If you have something specific in mind, I appreciate reference photos.

I work in a variety of mediums, including acrylics, pastels, dry pigment, charcoal, and sometimes oils depending on the color I'm painting. If you would like to see examples of my work, please stop by my website at www.FeldmanStudio.com.

I do not guarantee a completion date, but I expect to be able to finish this model within one to three months, so please plan your finances accordingly if you choose to make an offer.

I will accept time payments of half down, $100 per month, and the balance due upon completion. Payments are non-refundable.

I accept PayPal, Venmo and money orders.

I will be accepting offers through my Facebook page.  Please visit the thread at this link to bid:

If you do not have a Facebook account or you want to bid privately, you can email me at danielle@feldmanstudio.com and I will place a bid on your behalf on the Facebook thread in $10 increments.

No deleting or editing bids after posting. Bids are binding. If there is an emergency, please contact me privately. Facebook provides a history of page posts, so I will be able to see if anyone deletes or changes a bid. Don't be that person or you might be left out on other opportunities!

The auction will run from Friday, April 3rd through Tuesday, April 7th at 8pm EST.

I will use the Facebook timestamp if there are any last second bids. Any bids arriving after 8 pm EST will not be considered.

The winning bid includes the price of the model and finish work in your choice of color, but does not include postage. I will only ship priority insured, domestic or overseas. I declare full value on all packages.

Starting offer is $500. Please place bids in $10 increments.

Thank you and good luck!

January 29, 2020


Zephyr medallion by Kylee Parks
Finished by Danielle Feldman

Meet Murf

This is my entry for Studio Thornrose/Kylee Park's 
2019 Medallion Painting Creative Challenge 
using her Zephyr medallion. 

He was so much fun to paint. Once I got over the initial blank stare at the blank medallion that is. At first, I was at a loss of what direction to go as I generally don’t paint fantasy models. So I thought to myself, periwinkle is my favorite color. And it makes sense that he should be in shades of blue because pony plumes are very elusive creatures and would probably camouflage with the sky and clouds. And I wanted him to resemble a bird with beautiful wings... so here he is! 

I am so glad that the original deadline was extended to the end of January, 
which allowed me the creative freedom to keep working on him until 
I was really happy with him. Now on to NaMoPaiMo in the month of February!

January 22, 2020

The National Gallery of London

Detail from The Milbanke and Melbourne Families by Stubbs

My family had the opportunity to travel to England in early December. We were only there for a week, but we managed to see some wonderful sites, not least of which was the National Gallery. So many lovely pieces by world renowned artists. Here are pictures of the equine paintings I was able to capture, which is just a fraction of the photos I took. So much inspiration. I hope that you enjoy the journey through these photos. Be sure to scroll to the end!

The Milbanke and Melbourne Families
circa 1769
by George Stubbs (1724 - 1806)

George Stubbs is easily one of the most recognizable equine painters. Sadly, Whistlejacket was out on tour elsewhere. However,  this painting is just lovely! I especially love the face of this dapple grey.

Detail from The Milbanke and Melbourne Families by Stubbs

Mr and Mrs Thomas Coltman
Circa 1770 - 1772
by Joseph Wright of Derby (1734 - 1797)

Detail from Mr and Mrs Thomas Coltman

Love the fleabites on this horse! Looks like they even painted hair-by-hair detail in the 1700's!

Promenade beside the Sea
Circa 1860
by Hilaire-Germain-Edgar Degas (1834 - 1917)
I love Degas' dancer paintings immensely, but was tickled to see this work in oils. I had seen his sculptures at The Met and some of his race horse paintings at Yale, but this one is a little different.

The Cornfield
Circa 1826
by John Constable (1176 - 1837)

Detail from The Cornfield by Constable

 I just love these every day scenes with darling critters! 

A Lion Hunt
Circa 1614 - 1615
by Peter Paul Rubens (1577 - 1640)

Detail from A Lion Hunt by Rubens

Portrait of Frederick Rihel on Horseback
Circa 1663
by Rembrandt (1606 - 1669) 

Portrait of Captain Robert Orme
circa 1756
by Sir Joshua Reyonlds (1723 - 1792)

Mountainous Landscape with Muleteers
Circa 1658
by Nicholas Berchem (1620 - 1683)

I find this one utterly charming. Just look at the details below. The lambs catching a ride in the basket - it's just too much!

Detail from Mountainous Landscape with Muleteers by Bercham

Detail from Mountainous Landscape with Muleteers by Bercham