July 22, 2012

Blackberry Farm's Carriages


Blackberry Farms in Aurora, IL has a fabulous collection of 40+ carriages. I grew up in the area, but never knew this treasure existed until our most recent visit with the family. It was getting to be dusk and the collection is stored indoors, so not all of the photos are that great, but I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. I can't cover them all in one post, so check back soon!



Wicker Governess Cart - I *really* want one of these in model scale!

Shooting Break or Sporting Phaeton

Shooting Break or Sporting Phaeton Close-up

Wagonette

Harness with Fly Protection (I think)




1 comment:

  1. I didn't know about this either, Danielle! How wonderful! I think I will need to plan a trip with my boys just to see these (and they certainly won't mind going to Blackberry Farm either). I saw that same type of fly protection (at least that is what I, too, thought it was) on some carriage horses in Chicago this weekend. I'm planning to post some photos of those Chicago carriage horses to my blog soon. Thanks for sharing these cool carriages!

    ReplyDelete