May 23, 2011

Project-itis


This is the current state of my studio - yikes! There just isn't room to work on so many projects at once or chaos ensues - resin dust gets into epoxy and pastel dust gets all over everything! You can see my video set-up, including the high powered photo lamps. It gets so hot working under them I can only take it a little at a time. And I had one bulb blow up on me once, so I am a little leery. I have the scar on my forearm - the things we do for our art.

I've decided to finish up the fences (they can be seen on the far right). This will give me some table space and some mind space to pull something else out. I don't like to allow anything to interfere with work on commissions; I detest having people wait on me. However, I've learned that the artistic muse cannot be denied and forcing myself to work on something when I'm not inspired (or inspired in a totally different direction), can be counter-productive. So, the fences win this time. Really, though, they take up a whole table and I need to sell and ship them before we move.

Each fence is one-of-a-kind, so I am thinking of selling them on Etsy. I think it might be a fresh new venue for this kind of thing. Thoughts?

And a good portion of the resins in my cabinet have been posted for sale on MH$P. Take a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment